© Copyright Education Business Partnership - South West, 2013
Nuffield Research Placements
Nuffield Research Placements (previously Nuffield Science Bursaries) provide students each year with the opportunity to work alongside professional scientists, technologists, engineers and mathematicians.
Students in the first year of a post-16 science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) course are eligible to apply. Placements are available across the UK, in universities, commercial companies, voluntary organisations and research institutions.
We particularly encourage students who don't have a family history of going to university or who attend schools in less well-off areas. We make sure no-one is excluded on a financial basis by covering students' travel costs. Some students may also be eligible for a weekly bursary in addition to travel expenses. Your regional coordinator will be able to advise on eligibility.
Contact for Devon schools - Alex Ledbrooke email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students should read the Guidance for Students and the Nuffield Research Case Studies Guide before working with your teacher and your family to complete an Application.
- Deadline for applications is February 28th 2013.
- Successful applicants will be notified in March and work will begin to liaise with a project provider.
- A compulsary induction sesion will take place in early summer.
- The placement will take place in July/August.
Important documents - click to download
- Guidance for students - independent schools
- Guidance for students - maintained schools
- Nuffield Research Case Studies Guide
- Application Form
Project Provider documents
Big Bang South West - take you research further
Have you thought about exhibiting your project at the Big Bang? The Big Bang South West is your opportunity to get through to the finals of the National Science and Engineering Competition. For further information on how to enter or attend please contact Janie on email@example.com or 01392 215501