© Copyright Education Business Partnership - South West, 2013
The Big Bang South West 2012
It’s Fun, It’s Free, It’s Educational and It’s Bigger!!
Be part of something BIG and give your students a day of Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) to remember.
The Big Bang South West provides:
- the place to showcase your school 's and students' best STEM projects through the National Science and Engineering Competition (NSEC)
- An opportunity to win prizes
- See a mind blowing show
- interesting lesson ideas, resources and links with businesses in the South West
- Over 50 exciting interactive stands and exhibits to visit
- inspiration for those that are not yet engaged in STEM
- a fun day out of the classroom for you too!
For more details visit www.thebigbangfair.co.uk/southwest/
Run by Devon Education Business Partnership
- Date: 28 Jun, 2012
- Event time: All day
- Location: The University of Exeter
- Price: Free
- Contact Name: Emma Walter
- Email: email@example.com
A number of events have taken place over the last month, in schools and local businesses, organised by EBP-SW.
Exeter City FC hosted a Grecian Maths event, where three schools; Teign School, Dartmouth Academy and South Dartmoor Community College, each sent ten year 8 students to take part. During the day they did Maths work around football, calculating ground capacity, sales in the shop, league tables, ticket sales etc. One of the volunteers also gave the students a tour of the ground and talked about careers that are available in sport.
Girls in to … at South Devon College involved 20 girls form a mixture of schools; St. Cuthbert Mayne, Paignton Community and Sports College, Churston Ferrers Grammar School and Westlands Sch ool. The girls were all year 9 and attended three interactive workshops – plumbing, electrical and energy. Everyone had a really good day, with the girls learning about different types of energy, how to wire a plug and sculpted their initials in copper!